Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nickel Creek!

This Side; Nickel Creek

I have held off for as long as I can. I’m frankly surprised that I could last three hundred fifty-one days before blurting out this inborn, personal truth: I LOVE LOVE LOVE Nickel Creek!

From their CD’s – the only way that I have encountered this group, by the way – I perceive a spiritual, artistic and musically virtuosic deftness … a youthful effervescence, an almost athletic exuberance that draws ebullience from a charged and bottomless well of animation, verve, fire and dash. And all of that without the assistance of a drummer.

I purchased this CD in 2002 shortly before my trek home for Christmas. And, while I certainly enjoyed it on the way to South Dakota, it was while I cruised around Kansas, Oklahoma and New Mexico to get back to San Antonio, Texas, after my Christmas break, that the inspired music on this CD carved a niche in my soul. As with other CD’s when I traveled around in other places, “This Side” provided a travelogue soundtrack as I drank in the raw, open and wild Southwest.

Credits: To Nickel Creek. Wow! Wow! All I can say is Wow!

This is the thirty-second of my final forty-five CD’s.

1 comment:

  1. Wow is right!!!! I love love LOVE Nickel Creek, too!!! My son introduced me to their music, and the concert we attended on their farewell tour was one of the finest musical experiences I have ever had! Meeting Sarah, Sean & Chris after the concert was incredible! Thank you for including Nickel Creek in your final forty-five.

    ReplyDelete