Friday, May 7, 2010

Taking a break

Songs For Swingin' Lovers; Frank Sinatra.

It’s a beautiful summer day in South Dakota here in Maryland. I can’t stay indoors. So I’m playing hooky. I’m going AWOL. I’m going to ply a little bit of truancy. I’m bunkin’. I’m ditchin’, I’m slackin’, I’m skippin’. I’m taking a personal day. Please forgive me.

And while I’m doing all of those things, I will be listening to Frank Sinatra’s “Songs For Swinging’ Lovers”. In my opinion, this is one of his most successful albums. Everything swings, just like the title claims. Isn’t it nice to indulge once in a while in something that actually delivers what it proclaims?

Credits: To you, again, dear reader, for letting me take the day of off. The birds are singing, the grass and leaves are green, and I gotta’ get out there and enjoy it before the temperature ruins it all by getting up in the 80’s. Have a good day. On me.

2 comments:

  1. Erik,
    Sure hope you enjoyed your day!!! Cold and rainy here in SD. So send your Maryland/South Dakota day back home.

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky for you! 30 degress, snow and wind in Duluth!! K

    ReplyDelete