Sunday, July 18, 2010

Road Trip!

Music for Two; Bela Fleck, banjo; Edgar Meyer, double bass

I’m on the move!!! There’s only enough time to tell you that I’ve got great road trip music piping through my Bose speakers, my own personal internal GPS has fired the atlas and I have the AC set to “ear muffs”.

Just glance at that album cover to the right. Who can look at that scene and not feel that jerk of wanderlust? That hankering for something irregular to ordinariness? That craving for anything extraordinary to regularness?

C’mon! Let’s go! “Where?” To find a cactus. Or an igloo. Or a windmill. Or a giant wagon. Or an underground lake. Or a tulip festival. Or a lodge of beavers.

I’m on the move!!!

Credits: To Orange City, Iowa, home of the Tulip Festival. Does your high school marching band still wear wooden shoes when they march through the parade?

1 comment: